Emphasis of Technical SEO For Any Hong Kong Local Small Business
For a local Hong Kong small business, technical SEO is usually referred to the process of the company website optimization. The purpose for this optimization would include the crawling and indexing of your HK based business by Google, Yahoo, and other search engines that have a presence in front of your target audience in your market (such as Hong Kong in this case).
Technical SEO is one of the important steps in the whole SEO process, which can be integrated into your company website’s SEO process by your in-house marketing team or by an external SEO agency.
When technical SEO is properly implemented on your website, you would have essentially helped the search engines to better access, crawl, interpret and index your website without the commonly known technical problems. When there are issues in your technical SEO aspect of your site, it is very likely your SEO effort is not going to generate the expected results in the search engines.
Technical SEO is called technical because of this reason: It has nothing to do with the actual content of your HK company website, and it is not related to any of the promotion or marketing campaigns that you have rolled out through your site.
One of the main objectives of the technical SEO process is to optimize the infrastructure of your business website. It is also crucial to ensure that you understand all the elements that make up of technical SEO. It is even more important to know how to get it completely correct.
A SEO specialist who has been working in an in-house environment or an agency) and has years of experience in technical SEO would have used many tools that are related to search engine optimization and internet marketing. The tools may be SEMrush, Ahrefs, OptinMonster, Mailchimp, Bluehost, Hostgator, Namecheap, and more.
Below is a quick checklist to go through before implementing technical SEO for your Hong Kong small business site.
- Make Sure Your Website is Mobile-Friendly. i.e. Your site must follow a responsive web design pattern.
- Create and Optimize Your XML Sitemap.
- Speed Up Your Website, including all the most important and highly visited pages. This may include optimizing your site’s images/photos, enabling web browser caching, enabling file compression, reducing server response time, using a content delivery network (CDN), and more.
- Rectify the most common errors of your site including 404 errors, etc. This should include fixing the crawl errors that are reported through Google Search Console.
- Optimize all the internal links of your company site.
- Include keywords in your image alt text, when possible and when appropriate.
- Avoid duplicate page content by wisely using canonical URLs.
- Set up a legitimate SSL certificate for your business site.