Online boutique grocery shopping: Everything that you should know
With the growing number of online marketing stores, you can skip going to the supermarket and get all your groceries at home. Starting from frozen foods, fresh produce, and dairy products to fragile items, you can get everything from online grocery items. Rather than ordering meals from outside, you can actually curate your individual grocery needs and prepare fresh meals at home. While shopping from online stores, it’s important to know few essential things which are as follows:
- Consider picking up groceries– No! That doesn’t mean that you will have to visit the supermarket to get your groceries. Certain boutique grocery stores in Seattle like Big Johns PFI offer curbside pickup services. It means that you just have to reach the mentioned location near to the store with your car and the store persons will pack your items and put them inside your car. This is a good option as you get to check your bag on the spot and deal with issues upfront if any.
- First-time buyers get discounts– Yes! You heard that right. Any website- be it a grocery store or garments should give you some kind of discounts or deals. These discounts can either be on your total billing or it might be a free delivery! Check out these things before buying from a grocery website.
- Be aware of the minimum orders– No one would tell you about this but every website has a certain minimum order quantity below which they’ll charge you heftily on deliveries. For instance, websites like Amazon can charge you as high as $50 for delivery if you place your orders below the minimum order quantity.
- Customer care service– Most online supermarkets have a customer care team to handle customer queries. Do not buy from a website that only has email as their communication method. You might want to cancel/modify your orders. Though websites have streamlined processes for modification and cancelation of orders, there should also be a customer care team to look into these matters if the need arises.
- Most groceries have mobile-friendly websites– In recent times; most of the groceries provide mobile apps so that you can easily download them and start shopping.
- Check the availability of the products– This is something you should do! Don’t just stick to one particular app. There are various grocery stores that provide mobile apps for shopping. Search the top grocery apps and compare the product categories, price, and reviews. Just because a website charges you a less price doesn’t mean that the product quality is good. Price shouldn’t be the only consideration for determining the quality of the product or reliability of a website. While you check out, make sure you know what you’re paying for!
- Check the reviews– This is probably the best way to find out the reliability and serviceability of the website. Go through the reviews posted by the other customers as this can give you complete information on the website’s reliability. You also get to know whether they deliver within the time and the quality of the products.
These are some of the important checks that you need to keep in mind before shopping for groceries online. However, if you’re in Seattle and wish to grab some of the premium quality gourmet items, and if you’re absolutely fine with curbside pickup services, please visit the PFI joint at least once. Starting from imported cheese and meat to olive oils and vinegar, you can find everything under one rooftop!